Monday, July 19, 2004

PayPal gift addressing issues

Why me? Complete novices seem to have no problem using PayPal, yet I try to do a simple function, and hit a real bug in their system. I win an auction and want it shipped to a gift address. If I click the "Pay Now" button in an auction, or use the "Pay for an eBay item" on PayPal's site, when I get to the point of selecting an address from the drop down, none of my gift addresses show. Yet when I go to my PayPal Profile, and click on "Street Addresses" under "Account Information", all my addresses are listed. On my first call to PayPal support, they told me that it had something to do with an import from eBay, and that I just needed to delete the gift addresses, and re-add them in PayPal. I did that, but the problem stayed the same. On my second call to PayPal, I ended up getting routed to Technical Support. Here the guy told me that those gift addresses were marked "hidden", which indicates that they came from eBay. While on the line with him, I added a new "dummy" address. He could see it, but indicated that it was also flagged hidden. So, it's a real bug. He's writing up an "escalation", and someone should be contacting me by E-mail.

No comments: