Saturday, July 24, 2004

My Tools

A current inventory of my toolbox:
  1. AuctionTamer - Essentially an Internet Explorer window with a database grid at the bottom. You grab auctions, your own or others, and AT monitors them for you. Adds great sound effects for bids, BINs, 5 minutes to go, etc. I really only use a small subset its features, just for monitoring my auctions. AT will actually post your auctions and E-mail bidders.
  2. AuctionStealer - A snipe site. Not really a standalone utility, but AuctionTamer links to it. So while I'm viewing an auction there, it's just one click to schedule snipe.
  3. ClipMate - A Windows clipboard extender. I originally found this while looking for a program to add an audible cue to a cut/copy. But it really comes in handy for holding various boilerplate E-mail responses. And it's clipboard history has saved me more than once.
  4. SpamWasher - Keeps literally hundreds of Spams a day out of my Outlook Inbox. I haven't seen any updates in quite a while, so I don't know how long they'll be around. Seems like spam filters are being pulled into E-mail softwares as standard features.
  5. Avast! - Free anti-viral utility. Talking updates. Nice integration with Internet E-mail.
  6. ZoneAlarm - Internet firewall protection.
  7. Trillian - IM client for MSN, AOL, ICQ, Yahoo and IRC. Skinning and lots of useful add-ins.
  8. FeedDemon - Client based RSS news aggregator. Fast and well supported by Nick Bradbury.
  9. NetCaptor - Tabbed browsing, Pop-up blocking, and Ad blocking for IE. I tried FireFox and Opera, but business sites I use daily require IE.
  10. EyeBatch - Batch processing of image files. I use this for resizing and watermarking my auction photos.
  11. FrontPage - Much more than necessary for my little auction pages, but I never learned another HTML editor.
  12. InstantFeedback - $10 Utility that automatically returns positive eBay feedback.

No comments: