Tuesday, April 07, 2009

When I Grow Up

In my career I've been a:
For almost a decade I've been doing the last. While it's had its high points, the last few years have been dwindling. Other family issues have kept me from pursuing a new line of work. But recently I've been mulling over what path to take, now that the kids are almost gone.
 
I have a BS in Vocational Education, but no High School diploma. I quit halfway through my senior year, at age 17, and joined the US Navy. Only got the college degree due to peer pressure from Navy buddies; it was a Navy sponsored program. I've never had a job where I used that degree.
 
My wife has a great job with Animas, a diabetic pump manufacturer for J&J, in a career that fits her temperament and giftings. She's also pursuing a degree from Eastern, funded by work.
 
I've worked at Fortune 500 companies, small family owned businesses, my own company of 10 employees, and as a lone consultant. I even started a small business in the second largest town in Venezuela (oh the stories).
 
As an INTP temperament, emphasis on the P, I need a change. Something completely different, something I can get excited about. At 50 years old, I've come to realize that I'm never going to grow up and decide what I finally want to be.

3 comments:

Irenelikewhoa said...

Beautiful <3

JenJen said...

Oh...I'm not sure what I want to be, either.

Milasha said...

If you are successful mature but single perosn, try elite dating. Don’t be afraid or ashamed to admit you need some help, and register on one of the dating sites for elite singles. I checked it myself and saw that it’s safe, reliable, and effective. Only real verifed profiles and women with serious intentions. serious relationship